2nd August 2020
From 7:30pm to 11:00pm
Played on BoardGameArena and organised through the MSO Discord server
Carcassonne is a tile-based German-style board game for two to five players, designed by Klaus-Jürgen Wrede and published in 2000 by Rio Grande Games (until 2012) and Z-Man Games (currently). The game board is a medieval landscape built by the players placing tiles as the game progresses.
This tournament is open to all players, beginners and experts alike.
– 4 Rounds
– 4 Player Games
– Rounds 1-3 Heats, Round 4 Final
Players must have a BoardGameArena premium account in order to enter. At the time of writing a one month premium subscription is available for £3.90. This will grant you access to all MSO events played on the BGA platform and supports the website that makes this tournament possible.
The tournament shall be organised via the Mind Sports Olympiad Discord server, which enables us to use text & voice chat throughout the tournament (voice chat is optional). To join, please follow this link: https://discord.gg/mRhtB4M
Please ensure you join the channel on time (refer to schedule) so that we can get everyone organised and to avoid disappointment.
Game Rule Clarifications
– No rivers or expansions
– Players draw a tile to play on their turn as per the printed rules (ie no 3 tile hand variant)
– Field scoring: Each field is worth 3 points per adjacent completed city
– Completed two tile cities are worth 4 points
– Clock rules: +0:56 per turn (maximum 3:48) aka BGA real-time slow speed setting
Check In Opens: 18:30
Check In Closes: 19:25
First Games Commence: 19:30
Expected Finish Approximately: 23:00